BuildBlock provides a wide variety of insulating concrete form products and accessories. Our one-stop shopping experience helps to make every job simple, cohesive, and efficient.
BuildDeck Floor & Roof Decking System
The BuildDeck Floor & Roofing Decking System is a lightweight, stay-in-place Insulating Concrete Form (ICF) made of Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) and used to construct a solid monolithic insulating concrete floor and/or roof decking system. BuildDeck is perfect for site-cast or precast concrete floors, roofs, decks, and walls for commercial, industrial, and residential uses. BuildDeck provides structural integrity through reinforced concrete while providing comfort and sound mitigation through superior EPS insulation.
Why Choose BuildDeck
- Multiple thicknesses to accommodate varying spans
- Contributes to high thermal insulation values resulting in reduced energy costs
- Lowers sound transmission resulting in reduced noise levels
- Optional integrated attachment strips for ceiling and fixture installations
- Compatible with Hydronic In-Floor Heating Systems
- Numbered 1” cut lines
- Complete monolithic concrete envelope to provide energy efficiency while protecting against natural disasters
- Strong interlocking cores with a patent-pending drainage system
- Easy electrical and plumbing installation
- Form and insulate in one simple step
- Allows for any finish application – top or bottom
- Modular shipping size which ships with BuildBlock ICFs and is manufactured in multiple locations to minimize shipping costs
- One of the most affordable ICF decking systems in the industry
Use BuildDeck and create an ICF safe room in your own home!
Complete the monolithic concrete envelope to achieve energy efficiency while protecting against natural disasters. According to current building codes, most homes do not provide adequate protection from tornadoes, hurricanes, and other disastrous conditions. As a result, homes built especially in disaster-prone areas need extra protection from such disastrous conditions.
When building a new home or business using BuildBlock complete monolithic concrete wall, floor, and roof systems you will create an envelope of protection against natural disasters and turn your entire structure into a safe haven. If you live in an existing structure and are looking for the added protection that a safe room provides – BuildBlock and BuildDeck provide the perfect solution to disaster-proofing your existing home or business.
An ICF Safe Room provides protection from winds as high as 250 mph. These safe rooms are created by building any room (such as the master bedroom closet) with ICF walls, pouring a concrete “lid” on top, and installing a steel door. Not only does it keep your family safe, but a closet Safe Room is also a fire-resistant storage area for your valuables and heirlooms.
Integrating a safe room into your new home design, adding to an existing home, or retrofitting a current home are all affordable and straightforward.
Every year, tornadoes, hurricanes, and other extreme windstorms injure and kill people, and cause millions of dollars worth of property damage in the United States. Even so, more and more people build homes in tornado- and hurricane-prone areas, possibly putting themselves into the path of such storms. Having a safe room built for your home or small business can help provide “near-absolute protection” for you and your family or employees from injury or death caused by the dangerous forces of extreme winds. – FEMA 320
Looking for home plans with a safe room?
Almost any home plan can be converted to ICF construction either by your builder or the plan’s designer. Because of the increasing popularity of ICF homes, many architects and design companies have an assortment of home plans ready to use for ICF construction, saving you the time and cost of conversion. Conventional home plans which they can convert to ICF for a fee. If you have plans that need to be converted to ICF-friendly dimensions or would like help finding an ICF-friendly designer, fill out the form below and a member of our team will assist you. You can also contact us via [email protected].
What else can a safe room do?
BuildDeck Above Ground Safe Room Benefits
- Safe rooms provide protection from injury or death caused by natural disasters.
- Extensive testing by Texas Tech University and other wind engineering research institutes has shown that walls and ceilings constructed with ICFs will withstand the impact of tornadoes and hurricanes.
- BuildBlock Safe Rooms are a completely sealed, temperature-controlled, comfortable, dry, and safe place to protect your family during a disaster.
Build a Green Roof with BuildDeck
BuildDeck combines the economical and environmental benefits of building ICF Green Roofs in urban areas to minimize environmental impact.
BuildDeck Green Roofs help to solve environmental issues through…
- Significantly reducing water runoff damage and overloading stormwater systems.
- Minimizing energy used in the heating and cooling of a building resulting in lower operating expenses.
- Reducing a building’s carbon footprint and production of greenhouse gases.
- Extending your building’s life span by protecting the roof membrane from temperatures changes.
* Concrete volume based on top cap height of 3″. Add .0122222 cu. yd. per form for each additional 1″.