BuildShield FireStop combines a patent-pending combination of a vinyl extrusion track and adhesive stainless steel barrier at the top of a wall or floor transition to prevent hot gasses or sparks from spreading fire into an attic or space between floors.
BuildShield FireStop Protection
BuildShield is a barrier preventing flame spread behind walls in your home or building. BuildShield FireStop Protection combines a PVC extrusion track and stainless steel barrier. Placed at the top of a wall or floor transition, this barrier prevents hot gases and sparks from spreading behind wall finishes via a chimney effect into an attic or between floors. BuildShield maintains the integrity of fire-rated floor systems.
- Quick and easy to install PVC extrusion track combines with a stainless steel fire barrier.
- BuildShield Firestop creates a continuous barrier from the concrete core to the concrete or wood floor system.
- Compatible with many floor system designs.
- PVC extrusion track fits snugly over any 2.5” thick EPS foam panel.
- PVC extrusion track keeps stainless steel barrier in place during all phases of construction.
- 100,000 PSI stainless steel tensile strength with a melting point of 2500°F.
- BuildShield is installed at the top of walls or between floors.
- Complies with fire code requirements to prevent flame spread around floor systems.
- BuildShield is a durable 2-component system that ships in 4’ sections for cost-effective shipping and storage.
BuildShield Firestop Brochure
BuildShield Product Installation Guide
The BuildShield Product Installation Guide is included in every box of the BuildShield product. This …
BuildShield Termite and Firestop Manual