GlobalBlock – a web optional all-foam ICF GlobalBlock is the first fully-reversible all foam ICF block of its kind. An evolution of the screen-grid ICF, it integrates seamlessly with any BuildBlock form allowing you to save time, effort, and money. GlobalBlock is a lower-cost ICF, designed without requiring an integrated plastic web. It reduces cost without losing the benefits of ICFs or affecting key structural points.
An optional web insert for attachment points or web clip for rebar placement are available depending on your needs. Using the same fully-reversible interlocking system found on all BuildBlock forms, GlobalBlock has the same overall dimensions allowing the forms to be used interchangeably, even within the same wall.
GlobalBlock also includes benefits such as the molded-in tape measure and vertical cut lines making installation easier, faster, and more cost effective. GlobalBlock is available in 4-inch and 6-inch core widths.
Designed to be a more cost effective product for both domestic and international markets, GlobalBlock increases insulation value, decreases concrete and provides exceptional strength and support. The 12-inch on center design was chosen for its strength and reslience in the field. Attachment points using the optional web insert will align with BuildBlock forms and provide for easy drywall installation, brick ties, or other finish.
The dovetail on the face of the block provides a secure surface to apply EFIS, Stucco or Plaster. BuildBlock recommends using BuildCrete Stucco or BuildCrete Plaster to finish your walls giving you extreme impact resistance and the ability to apply the covering in one coat directly to the foam. Learn more about BuildCrete here.
- 16-in (406.1 mm) x 48-in (1219.2 mm) industry standard size.
- 35% reduction in concrete.
- Up to 43% greater R-Value depending on block size.
- Best Value – Lower-Cost ICF
- Designed for entry-level residential, international, and light commercial projects.
- Ready to stack, no assembly required.
- Symmetrical design and completely reversible in all directions.
- 3 methods of rebar placement: Optional web insert with attachment points, cut rebar pins, and steel rebar saddles.
- Interlocks & fully integrates with all BuildBlock forms for specialty blocks and lintels.
- Optional high-density plastic web provides attachment points and rebar placement every 12 inches (304.8 mm)
- 1-inch (25.4 mm) repeating cut pattern & molded-in tape measure for easy cutting and sizing.
- Dovetailed block face for direct stucco and EIFS bonding.
- 4-inch (101.6 mm) & 6-inch (152.4 mm) sizes with dedicated 90° corners.
GlobalBlock Straight Block Technical Details
|Please note GlobalBlock is only currently available in 4″ & 6″ sizes.|
GlobalBlock integrates fully will all BuildBlock products.
GlobalBlock 90° Block Technical Details
Ext – Int
Ext – Int
. 030905 m3
|38 in – 31 in|
965.2 mm – 787.4 mm
|26 in – 19 in|
660.4 mm – 482.6 mm
|40 in – 31 in|
1016 mm – 787.4 mm
|28 in – 19 in|
711.2 mm – 482.6 mm
|42 in – 31 in|
1066.8 mm – 787.4 mm
|30 in – 19 in|
762 mm – 482.6 mm
|44 in – 31in|
1117.6 mm – 787.4 mm
|32 in – 19 in|
812.8 mm – 482.6 mm
|Please note GlobalBlock is only currently available in 4″ & 6″ sizes. GlobalBlock integrates fully will all BuildBlock products.|
GlobalBlock Product Information
- Installation of GlobalBlock is similar to installing flat wall BuildBlock forms.
- Begin by stacking block from each corner. Remember to reverse corners each course to ensure the proper offset.
- GlobalBlock cores are designed on 12-inch centers. All other BuildBlock ICFs are designed on 6-inch centers. Keep this in mind when laying out the walls and rebar pins.
- GlobalBlock connections align with BuildBlock forms to create a seamless transition between different products.
- BuildBlock recommends 3000psi concrete poured at a 5 to 5-1/2 inch (127mm-140mm) slump. Note: As concrete is being pumped under pressure, it loses approximately 1/2-inch of slump. Pour the wall in 4-foot lifts (1219mm) working your way around the structure several times until you reach the full wall height. Vibrate wall shortly after pour to ensure no voids.
- Brace the wall appropriately.
- GB600 is designed to meet the IRC 2009 & IRC 2012 prescriptive code.