BuildBlock Project Estimating Tool Download
The BuildBlock Project Estimating tool is for estimating purposes only. With the right information this tool can be very accurate. The video on the previous page will help you use the tool. Please verify results before placing your order. There is no warranty, expressed or implied, in regard to the program or its results.
To download our free Microsoft Excel-based estimating tool, please Complete the form below and click on the “Submit” button, indicating you have read the above statement. An email will be sent with instructions for downloading the Estimating Tool.
The BuildBlock Project Estimating Tool
The BuildBlock block estimating tool was designed to be as simple as possible so you can calculate details of your job no matter where you are. The calculations involved are explained in the tool itself as well as below. If you have any problems or questions, please contact us at [email protected] or 866-222-2575.
Thank you for choosing BuildBlock! We look forward to being a part of your next project.
Block Calculation Overview
- Total the length of walls intended to be ICF. If multiple thicknesses are to be used, calculate each wall group separately.
- Height of the walls from the plans. If multiple height walls are to be used, calculate each wall group separately.
- Courses refers to the number of blocks required to reach the height given. This number will always be in half or full courses.
- Outside corners refer to corners with the “point” directed to the exterior of the building. This is the side with the most square footage.
- Inside Corners refer to corners with the “point” directed to the interior of the building. This uses the least square footage. Always use inside corners for bumpouts or short corners.
- Opening SF refers to the sum of the square footage all windows, doors and other openings. This number will be multiplied by an 80% factor to account for cuts and waste.
- The Total Wall SF is a reference number showing the square footage of the wall area being calculated. This number can help you to calculate your wall finishes.
- The block total as well as the part numbers are listed in the Total Boxes. Blocks must be ordered in bundle quantity.
- The estimated concrete volume is shown for reference in the last box. This does not account for spillage or priming.
- An email will be sent with a link to download the Project Estimating Tool.
- Save the file to your computer.
- Open the file in Microsoft Excel 2010 or later. (Opening this tool in earlier versions of Excel is not supported.)
A NOTE ABOUT MACROS:
This file contains macros that are safe. However, if your macro security setting in Excel is set to High,
it will automatically disable the macros and the Estimating Tool
will not work properly. You must change your Excel macro security
setting to Medium (Tools > Options > Security tab > Macro
Then you will have to option to enable the macros when you open the file.
Disclaimer: This calculator is provided for customer use as is with no warranty express or implied. BuildBlock Buildings Systems, LLC, its affiliates and agents, shall have no liability whatsoever to any user or third party for any claims, demands, costs, charges or expenses, or any damage, whether direct or indirect, including lost profits or revenues, arising out of, relating to, or in any way connected with the use of the block calculator or any errors or omissions resulting from such use. Any BuildBlock Building Systems LLC review of this information is for a material estimate and is not a review for building code compliance or structural design. Any elements of this project that fall outside the engineering applicability limits or prescriptive building code, or provided tables for ICF design must be approved by a registered engineer. All projects should be reviewed for local code compliance and suitability. All products must be ordered in bundled quantities.