Designing Spaces goes on site in Arizona with Correspondent David Crow to get a look at ICF construction. Athena Davis from BuildBlock Building Systems takes us on a tour of a home under construction and to visit a new home to show the advantages of using ICF; Insulating Concrete Forms. We also see how ICF is more resistant to the forces of nature, provides superior thermal insulation and contributes to a betterment of lifestyle.
Building One ‘Block’ at a Time…
At Designing Spaces we know how important it is for anyone considering building a new home to be familiar with all the latest construction methods and materials. Leading the way in cutting-edge construction technology and innovation is– BuildBlock® Insulated Concrete Forms (ICFs).
BuildBlock® Insulated Concrete Forms provide unmatched structural integrity as well as safety, health, and economic benefits rarely seen in the home building industry.
Some of those benefits include:
- Homes constructed with BuildBlock® Insulated Concrete Forms provide families protection from external elements as well as natural disasters including fires, hurricanes, tornados, and earthquakes.
- BuildBlock® Insulated Concrete Forms can help increase the quality of life for your family by reducing the amount of outside air entering your home. Put simply, this helps control hayfever, asthma and allergies and results in a cleaner home due to the reduction of dust, pollen, and other pollutants.
- BuildBlock® Insulated Concrete Forms pay for themselves through monthly energy savings. On average, BuildBlock® homeowners save 30-percent or more on their monthly utility bills.
What are ICFs?
- ICFs are hollow foam blocks stacked into the shape of any structure.
- They’re constructed of expanded polystyrene– like a white Styrofoam cup.
- Steel rebar is placed in the forms and then they’re filled with solid concrete.
- The forms stay in place and become the super insulation and furring to attach any inside or exterior finish.
BuildBlock® Insulated Concrete Forms are an affordable and safe building material that provides safe housing, unmatched long-term health, as well as economic and environmental benefits.
For more information visit www.buildblock.com.